Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

... I really don't care. I only post on two forums so losing one won't be a big deal. I always fight with myself whether to quit these forums daily anyway so maybe it's really that time now for real. I usually avoid any discussions regarding politics as I find the whole culture to be morally corrupt, so I had made a conscious effort not to state my disappointment in my fellow Americans selection for President, but I decided this morning that I will state it anyway and suffer the consequences. Hopefully this will help with the disgust I have in my head. I am most disappointed for those who voted for this man. Your reasoning was that Clinton was so bad, you'd rather choose a hate monger who has set race relations back 60 years. You'd rather choose a pathological liar who has swapped political ideologies for the past 4 or 5 elections. You'd rather choose an immoral misogynist. Your dislike for Clinton was so strong, that you'd rather choose an already corrupt, 4 times bankrupt, 19 year tax evading, heavily indebted egomaniac. You chose him to lead us, him with national secrets, Really???? Why, because you hate Clinton (her politics) that much. I know hate is a strong word, maybe it was fear, but let's at least be honest. Fear doesn't cancel your ability to reason, but being blinded by hate does. I've spent far too much time reading articles and commentary regarding how the h*ll we (as in all of us) could possibly allow this to have started to develop in the first place. How could moralistically sound, reasonable people allow such a man to even get this far as to even remotely have a chance to become the President of the United States. Well we did allow it to happen and now we have awarded at least four years to lead our Country to this man who is everything we all strive to teach our kids not to be. We live in a country that ignored all those values that we hold our kids accountable for. I have no kids and I'm glad I don't because although I usually have plenty of words, I have none to properly explain all this. I'm not afraid of this man as our President as much as I'm afraid of the complete lack of judgement and morals that my fellow Americans seem to have ignored. I've been shaken to the core by these results and struggle with whom to blame so the only alternative I have is to offer advice to those who voted for this man. Four years from now (if we're still alive) I beg you to stop and do a little research and homework before you go to the voting booth. The rule of voting is as old as voting itself. Never vote against someone, vote for someone and never vote with your emotions but rather with your common sense and intelligent research.

Hopefully see you all in four years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:12 pm 

being Un-American (!) it is not my place to comment but I've never agreed with you more, so if you are banned again - I am too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thx ... but once our newly anointed 'Emperor' assumes control of his Empire in January, all those brilliant supporters best not complain when they start to see their quality of life and security start to decline to an all time low. I'd love to be proven wrong though ... but unfortunately all I can think of are two questions for you,
1. What Country do you reside?
2. Know of a good four year lease?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:37 am 

Relax, Mark, you're gonna be fine. We're all gonna be fine.

Many, many lies were cranked out by the Great Propaganda Machine during this last election cycle. Don't believe them.

We're Americans. We improvise, adapt, overcome! That's what we DO!

And we're gonna be FINE! :supz:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Biggest surprise is that we're surprised by a politician who lies: we should know better by now!

:drink3:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 pm 

And BTW, Mark, I hope you don't get banned. :drink3:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Banned? ha! whatever ...

It's not about being fine or adapting or surviving another four years, we've all been doing just that for so many election cycles now it's become common, and as for the media manipulation, nothing new there either. Those who do their proper homework can see right through the media nonsense. And these election protests going on are misguided, as those who are upset Trump won are pointing blame in the wrong direction. They need to look in the mirror and blame themselves for not chipping in to help educate their fellow voters to the real factual truth of who their voting for. The data and facts are out there and it's not hard to find. It only takes doing the necessary homework and being a responsible voter. You not only owe it to yourself but to your fellow citizens to responsibly vote and if you don't know what your doing? Stay home and don't vote. The usual low percentage of Americans who voted this cycle and the results have clearly shown the typical "ignorance and apathy" approach many nieve Americans tend to do. Voter turnout this year dipped to nearly its lowest point in two decades because so many didn't like either choice and sat it out. So what did we do by many of those who did vote?? We elected a "reality show train wreck" to the highest office in America and are giving him the keys to the most powerful machine in the world. Brilliant!!! :roll: I'm not sure many people are really understanding what they are going to witness for the next four years. All it takes is a little thinking about it to make your stomach upset. And who's to say that in future elections we won't be seeing other *ss-clowns running for office far and beyond the usual "career politician *ss-clowns" we usually see ... perhaps Donald Sterling will run next. He seems to be qualified as well. F*ck-it!!!! Too easy to go on and on. :evil: :evil: :evil: Bottom line is Trump won fare and square and we have no one to blame but ourselves and no other option but to find the guts and courage to support the idiot for the next four years. America has become one big giant "Reality Show" ...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:33 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Everybody was holding their nose, but we couldn't figure out someone else to protest vote for with enough peeps to defeat both major candidates? That to me is the real story. Everyone is dug in with the two establishment parties.

The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. - Prov. 21:31 - Train, Practice, Trust.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:07 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
Thx ... two questions for you,
1. What Country do you reside?
2. Know of a good four year lease?

love to have you, but it wouldn't help - you are a patriot and your country, that your glorious vets fought for, needs you now, and it's not just 'what you can do for your country'
the whole world's watching ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

H*ll no, I'm not leaving the country, wasn't serious and wouldn't give the guy the satisfaction anyway. Nope! I'm sticking around and I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing. I don't have to like the man to support him, I won't be doing it for him even if he does get it right, it'll be for the rest of us I stay the course for. Guess we'll have to stick it out together and hope for the best.

Good morning and thx for the PM's (quite a few surprisingly). And no I don't have the answers, so all I can say is you can hate Trump, but you can't blame Trump. He had the right to run for office, but it doesn't mean he should have. just to be fair, I didn't vote for either major parties candidate. I did my homework and voted responsibly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:30 am 

Get off you self righteous high horse, you know nothing about my motives or political beliefs.
I could easily turn around just about everything you said and then some, but suffice it to say there was and hopefully will never be a more corrupt, scandal plagued, bought and sold career politician than Hellary - And the people have spoken that status quo, open borders and business as usual are not going to be tolerated again.

We are wallowing in historic dept up to our eyeballs that our grandchildren will still be paying thanks to the current despotic administration that has racked up more debt in 8 years than centuries of previous presidents before him combined. Most anyone that was not a hard core leftist, illegal immigrant or welfare recipient never thought twice about this choice. She wanted to be a US Merkel, in fact is on record as stating that Merkel is the politician she most admires .. And we all know what good Merkel has done for Europe with her insane open borders policies.

Hillary was and is largely funded by notorious nation wrecker Soros and ISIS financiers the Saudis. Her never rending email scandals are just sickening, can you imagine how compromised she must be with her lackadaisical security for classified info ? Oh yeah, conduct state business on google mail with a private server installed in her broom closet run by the geek squad, yeah thats really the one I want with the nuclear codes !
She is a hard core left wing zealot and am so glad that this despicable wench will be no where near the levers of power.
Trump is far from faultless or ideal but he is no where near her level of corruption and greed - And oh, the fact that he accepted $0 from special interests and foreign governments and Hillary untold mega millions if not billions [Saudis alone gave her over $30 million, don't think they did it out of the kindness of their hearts] speaks for itself - He is not bought and sold, he is not beholden to foreign despots and special interest, she is and was and that, along with her open borders policy and horrendous security for classified info were the overriding factors in my choice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Xray wrote:
Get off you self righteous high horse, you know nothing about my motives or political beliefs.

I do now, but ask me if I care, and once you climb down from your high horse, maybe you'll notice I didn't vote for either one of the two knuckleheads you seem to highlight so elequently, or did you miss that part.

Fwiw I never vote for the lesser of two evils, how about you? ... If your guy turns out to do a good job in office that's great, but it will never hide his true identity as the sexist, racist, bigoted egomaniac that he is and that's a fact. Btw he lost the popular vote but little does that matter now. Your happy to have him and I'm stuck with him for the next four years .... guess you win

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark Allen M wrote:
Xray wrote:

I do now, but ask me if I care, and once you climb down from your high horse, maybe you'll notice I didn't vote for either one of the two knuckleheads you seem to highlight so elequently, or did you miss that part.

One of many who likes to peddle the "two-party state" myth, no doubt. As long as folks keep believing that they will get the politician they deserve. Or, in this case, the politician the Russians wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:35 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

quemerford wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:
Xray wrote:

One of many who likes to peddle the "two-party state" myth, no doubt. As long as folks keep believing that they will get the politician they deserve. Or, in this case, the politician the Russians wanted.

Certain not I your referring to. I loath our political system. I 'wrote' my candidate in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:52 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Mark Allen M wrote:

Certain not I your referring to. I loath our political system. I 'wrote' my candidate in.[/quote]

Indeed no: I was referring to the one above, who seemed to think it was, "either/or"...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next