Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:28 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Someone kill this thread before the trainwreck catches fire...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

No need to kill anything that may teach you something. This thread is still alive perhaps for a reason. Who knows?!!!
So while it's around maybe a few might find something of value in the words below. I sure do.

“A NATION'S GREATNESS DEPENDS ON ITS LEADER

To vastly improve your country and truly make it great again, start by choosing a better leader. Do not let the media or the establishment make you pick from the people they choose, but instead choose from those they do not pick. Pick a leader from among the people who is heart-driven, one who identifies with the common man on the street and understands what the country needs on every level. Do not pick a leader who is only money-driven and does not understand or identify with the common man, but only what corporations need on every level.

Pick a peacemaker. One who unites, not divides. A cultured leader who supports the arts and true freedom of speech, not censorship. Pick a leader who will not only bail out banks and airlines, but also families from losing their homes -- or jobs due to their companies moving to other countries. Pick a leader who will fund schools, not limit spending on education and allow libraries to close. Pick a leader who chooses diplomacy over war. An honest broker in foreign relations. A leader with integrity, one who says what they mean, keeps their word and does not lie to their people. Pick a leader who is strong and confident, yet humble. Intelligent, but not sly. A leader who encourages diversity, not racism. One who understands the needs of the farmer, the teacher, the doctor, and the environmentalist -- not only the banker, the oil tycoon, the weapons developer, or the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbyist.

Pick a leader who will keep jobs in your country by offering companies incentives to hire only within their borders, not one who allows corporations to outsource jobs for cheaper labor when there is a national employment crisis. Choose a leader who will invest in building bridges, not walls. Books, not weapons. Morality, not corruption. Intellectualism and wisdom, not ignorance. Stability, not fear and terror. Peace, not chaos. Love, not hate. Convergence, not segregation. Tolerance, not discrimination. Fairness, not hypocrisy. Substance, not superficiality. Character, not immaturity. Transparency, not secrecy. Justice, not lawlessness. Environmental improvement and preservation, not destruction. Truth, not lies.

Most importantly, a great leader must serve the best interests of the people first, not those of multinational corporations. Human life should never be sacrificed for monetary profit. There are no exceptions. In addition, a leader should always be open to criticism, not silencing dissent. Any leader who does not tolerate criticism from the public is afraid of their dirty hands to be revealed under heavy light. And such a leader is dangerous, because they only feel secure in the darkness. Only a leader who is free from corruption welcomes scrutiny; for scrutiny allows a good leader to be an even greater leader.

And lastly, pick a leader who will make their citizens proud. One who will stir the hearts of the people, so that the sons and daughters of a given nation strive to emulate their leader's greatness. Only then will a nation be truly great, when a leader inspires and produces citizens worthy of becoming future leaders, honorable decision makers and peacemakers. And in these times, a great leader must be extremely brave. Their leadership must be steered only by their conscience, not a bribe.”
― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem

Quote:
“Elections belong to the people. It's their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Sorry to my beloved vets. :| :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
Xray wrote:
Get off you self righteous high horse, you know nothing about my motives or political beliefs.

I do now, but ask me if I care, and once you climb down from your high horse, maybe you'll notice I didn't vote for either one of the two knuckleheads you seem to highlight so elequently, or did you miss that part.

You tend to ramble and rant semi coherently, sure didn't waste my time reading every word.
If you didn't vote actually you have no say in the matter.

Quote:
Fwiw I never vote for the lesser of two evils, how about you? ... If your guy turns out to do a good job in office that's great, but it will never hide his true identity as the sexist, racist, bigoted egomaniac that he is and that's a fact. Btw he lost the popular vote but little does that matter now. Your happy to have him and I'm stuck with him for the next four years .... guess you win

Not going to take lectures from an idealistic abstainer.

I voted for the best man presented for the office, and the best man won.
You can keep tossing out your well worn labels, more and more people are giving less and less of a crap with that line of attack.
Trump is not perfect, and that is likely a large part of his appeal - People are sick and tired of being talked down to like sensitive pre teens by career political elites like clinton and found Trumps brisk, straight forward mannerisms refreshing.
I like female butts too so I am not going to knock him for that.

As far as the popular vote, has happened before and will happen again - An ingenious system devised by our founding fathers for equal representation and to stop [thank god] the decayed urban masses of NY & CA from perpetually anointing partisan rulers - BTW, system has been around a couple of centuries + and the rules are well known by all parties.
In any case, once they eliminate all of the dead/illegal votes the dems are famous for, she won't even have the popular vote. Got creamed on electoral votes, as well as both houses of congress.

The people have spoken, deal with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
You tend to ramble and rant semi coherently, sure didn't waste my time reading every word.
If you didn't vote actually you have no say in the matter.

Yah! it's quite obvious you didn't read every word :roll: , just like you most likely didn't research your candidate unless you share things in common. Your about as disillusioned and ill-informed as you are a bad rambler and worse reader. I did vote (as I have been for over 50 years) and stated it above. :roll:
Quote:
Not going to take lectures from an idealistic abstainer.

And yet here your taking one anyway from an educated voter.
Quote:
I voted for the best man presented for the office, and the best man won.

you forgot white nationalist and unabashed sexist and racist. But glad you keep trying to justify your ignorance to your hero.

Quote:
As far as the popular vote, has happened before and will happen again - An ingenious system devised by our founding fathers for equal representation and to stop [thank god] the decayed urban masses of NY & CA from perpetually anointing partisan rulers - BTW, system has been around a couple of centuries + and the rules are well known by all parties.
In any case, once they eliminate all of the dead/illegal votes the dems are famous for, she won't even have the popular vote. Got creamed on electoral votes, as well as both houses of congress.

The people have spoken, deal with it.

A nice example for those who are still shaking their heads wondering how this mess happened. And the people are still speaking if you haven't been paying attention. As time goes on it'll be interesting well people like you deal with it. Good luck.

Quote:
deal with it.

Hope your able to handle your own words here as well. Good luck and all the best to you for the next four years. (or less)

But with all due respect ....... I'm certainly not above hoping I'm proven wrong. Hope the man does a fantastic!!!!! job. (he's going to need to) I'll keep doing my part as a US Citizen and a good human.

How about you?

Last edited by Mark Allen M on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's one last comment of which you and I shouldn't have to butt heads over. Am I disappointed in the election results? .... of course I am, but I was disappointed far before the election ever took place. I didn't vote for either major parties candidate as I have zero faith or trust in either one, but the results are what they are and as you say "deal with it" .... So I'll deal with it fair enough, but unfortunately others won't, and this is a dangerous and tragic result of this election. We're divided more than ever before and this divide will not help the new administration at all. This inevitability puts an enormous amount of pressure on Trump to succeed at an unrealistic level of which he cannot possibly achieve. Your new President-elect has zero experience running a country, and so far it's becoming painfully obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:18 pm 

He is white, and a majority of white voters voted for him [only 6 out of 10].

A large majority of non white voters voted for Hellary, and upwards of 98% of blacks voted for Obama. Haven't seen the stats for Hellary/Trump with the black vote, I heard he did better than Romney which was about 7%.
So if you are going to play race politics, you had better get the full picture here. I see nothing wrong with whites voting what appears to them as their best racial interests, since everyone else does the same and are lauded for it.
Of course, the lefties spin this into "Here comes the 4th Reich lookout !", to that I say "Whatever".

No one has actual experience being a US president until they actually are. Obamas only qualifications were being a 1st term jr senator and before that, a "community organizer" - Great credentials !

We've had nearly a decade of experimental leftist social engineering that has quadrupled the welfare rolls and added more to the national debt than all previous presidents combined. We have less and less workers to provide for more and more imported useless eaters, yes it is time for a change, and of course I hope he succeeds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Xray wrote:
I hope he succeeds.

Well there ya go! The only word from you that makes any sense. Although "pray" would seem much more appropriate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:52 pm 

You are obviously argumentative, condescending & self righteous, with a childish urge to always have the last word - Guess what ?
You got it, going to look into this forums ignore function after this post.

Wasting another minute of my time bickering with you is not an option.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The exact same can be said for you and I'd suggest you get used to it for the next four years or hopefully less. You earned it. Good luck with that ignore button, I'm using a similar one for Trump.

Thx for spending a few more minutes wasting your time, it certainly was enlightening. I hope your quality of life improves over the next few years and I mean that sincerely.

And remember if you can't take what you dish out, best to butt out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Forgot to mention since in this case with you I do like the last word. If you think by voting a known proven sexist, racist, white supremacy non experienced jack*ss for President is going to improve your quality of life, your a bigger nieve dreamer than you type in your garbage you posted here. And if you get all flustered and red faced over a meaningless Internet forum brush up, you've got some real tough years coming your way. But again you earned it, so live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:07 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
So I'll deal with it fair enough, but unfortunately others won't, and this is a dangerous and tragic result of this election. We're divided more than ever before and this divide will not help the new administration at all.

And the same could have been said if the other thing had won.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Snake45 wrote:

And how do you figure that? Clinton is far from the best choice (of which I've pointed out several times in this thread) but unless I've been way out of the loop of which I haven't, at the very least, she's not known (or proven) to be a racist, sexist, self-serving white man's only world advocate. And if you have any proof to the contrary I'd like to see it. There's not one d*mn thing that anyone could ever post here that will change the very real fact that having Trump as President is nothing more than tragic and completely reckless.

My disclaimer being: I sincerely hope I'm wrong not just for my future but those of you foolish enough to have voted for him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:46 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:
Snake45 wrote:

And how do you figure that? Clinton is far from the best choice (of which I've pointed out several times in this thread) but unless I've been way out of the loop of which I haven't, at the very least, she's not known (or proven) to be a racist, sexist, self-serving white man's only world advocate.

No, but she's thoroughly corrupt, completely dishonest, and has taken tens of millions of dollars from foreign governments. And has never accomplished anything positive or useful, despite propagandistic claims to the contrary.

Americans took the measure of both of these very flawed candidates and made their choice. So be it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Sorry but that's not good enough. Although I won't completely discard your points about Clinton or her crew of clowns, unless you have concrete proof of your claims, that's exactly what they are, just accusations. And that's not enough to ever put Trump in office. Thoroughly corrupt, completely dishonest and has never accomplished anything positive or useful? Which one you referring to? Clinton couldn't hold a candle to Trump's BS. List just one reason why Trump is any good at all to be your president and I'll list you ten times as many why he's the worst choice you could ever make. So you can "so be it" all day, ... I don't give up that easy. I'm very willing to fight to help clean this mess up. Those of you who just want to sit on your *sses and sit yet another mess out for four more years have only yourselves to blame for what you get. Perhaps if some of you had stood up and made your voices matter, you wouldn't have to be conceding to the lesser of sh*tty choices for the leader of your country. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:42 pm 

Divisiveness is to be expected since we have had the reign of the great divider in chief these past 8 years who routinely played race politics, with racial zealots like Sharpton having front door access to the white house - And with the left wing choosing to deify drug dealing thugs and violent felons over law enforcement based solely on the color of their skin.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next