Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:21 pm 

Xray wrote:
Divisiveness is to be expected since we have had the reign of the great divider in chief these past 8 years who routinely played race politics, with racial zealots like Sharpton having front door access to the white house - And with the left wing choosing to deify drug dealing thugs and violent felons over law enforcement based solely on the color of their skin.

Exactly so. And most Americans decided we're tired of it. We're ready to try something else, not another four or eight years of more of the same.

"Another wheelbarrow full of steaming goat dung? Uhhhhh....I guess I'll take a chance on whatever's behind Door Number Two, Monte. It can't be any worse." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Snake45 wrote:
Xray wrote:
Divisiveness is to be expected since we have had the reign of the great divider in chief these past 8 years who routinely played race politics, with racial zealots like Sharpton having front door access to the white house - And with the left wing choosing to deify drug dealing thugs and violent felons over law enforcement based solely on the color of their skin.

Exactly so. And most Americans decided we're tired of it. We're ready to try something else, not another four or eight years of more of the same

But you really don't know this for sure do you. Your just assuming the same ole BS that we've had forever will be the same BS for the next 4 to 8 years. So you decide to throw your whole wad into the pot and make one last big gamble on the biggest gamble this Country has ever seen. Sorry but your bad gamblers. Trump is not a good bet. While I really 'get it' I truly do Snake and X-Ray and I truly feel the frustration and pain as well, but this man is way too dangerous. He's a hot head (even more than me if you can believe that) and unpredictable. Many of us are still climbing out of that horrific recession (depression in some peoples minds) and now we're due for another one under this guys rein. The markets hate uncertainty and a Trump Presidency means a whole lot more uncertainty. "

Here's a few thoughts for you,

We have an economy that is already in a low-earth orbit of slow growth, and when you layer on top of that significant uncertainty that tends to prompt both consumers and businesses to hold back and that's how economic slowdowns and recessions are made.

Protectionism in particular is arguably the policy that could most easily lead Trump to directly cause a recession. Trump has repeatedly threatened to start trade wars with overseas partners – most notably China – by assigning large tariffs to foreign-made goods, which he sees as taking away American jobs. Forcing manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. will raise the production cost. While it may provide jobs temporarily, the rest of the country will have to subsidize the new job creations by paying higher prices. The rest of the world will not buy the U.S. products due to the higher prices. Therefore, protectionism is not sustainable. In the case of a trade war, American-made products would not only be more expensive due to higher labor costs, but because foreign trade partners would likely impose tariffs on American exports in response, making them more expensive.

None of the above is crap I'm pulling out of you know where, this is fact. I wish I was making this stuff up. Read it, the 'facts' are out there, not just "propagandistic claims".

http://money.usnews.com/investing/artic ... -recession

I could go on and on because I'm livid about the stupid choices some voters made. We ALL should have done better in our research study and voting and if we ever get another chance to actually do better, We all really could have done better to where Clinton or Trump were not our only options if we all just would have made a better effort. We have ourselves to blame. .... God help us if we don't learn once again that ignorance and apathy don't make for good choices.

So sorry for being a d*ck to you both. Or maybe I'm not. :evil: :evil:

Last edited by Mark Allen M on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 pm 

Snake45 wrote:
Xray wrote:

Exactly so. And most Americans decided we're tired of it. We're ready to try something else, not another four or eight years of more of the same.

"Another wheelbarrow full of steaming goat dung? Uhhhhh....I guess I'll take a chance on whatever's behind Door Number Two, Monte. It can't be any worse." :lol:

Hillary represented the ultimate staus quo, open borders globalist establishment candidate, Trump, with all of his flaws, the polar opposite.

We have come to the point where those in charge of our fortunes have opened up the borders and let hoards of illegals flood in ,,, And now men in drag can share bathrooms with little girls. They flaunted their agenda and didn't even try to hide their unbridled cronyism and corruption, and losing the presidency and both houses of congress was the result.

This was Americas last gasp, I shudder to even think of that corrupt Soros funded banshee in charge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your still not paying attention, your only arguments have been to keep bashing Clinton for being Clinton and this goes nowhere and nothing comes of it other than your obvious dislike for her. OK! you hate the b*tch as many of us do too. All I can say is "yah! I heard you the first time" ... This is not about hating one or the other, it's about the "facts" of one compared to the other. Clinton sucks but she's survivable, Trump is dangerous in far too many ways, most notably in your own already low wallet.

So there's not much left to say other than what you both already expressed so adamantly ... "what's done is done" ... best to just hang on and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:47 am 

Kyleb wrote:
Someone kill this thread before the trainwreck catches fire...

DONE

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3