Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Starting Fresh

Thu May 10, 2018 11:50 pm

It feels like both an eternity and just yesterday that I was on WIX for hours every day.

I am back and looking for help/advice/thoughts/general musings ... Here is my story in an abbreviated fashion.

I started flying back in 2006. Flying is the only thing I have ever dreamed about doing professionally but it always seemed unattainable. After going through a divorce that year I decided it was high time that I do something for myself and started flying. As it so often does, life happened, money ran short and after 49.6 hours I stopped flying. Twelve years later I find myself still dying to fly and kicking myself for not being more proactive. The dream of aviation is still the thing I long for.

I met with the chief pilot at a local FBO today who did an audit on my log book. It appears I am a lot closer to finishing that I thought - maybe 6 hours of actual detail work to complete but closer to 12-15 to get comfortable again and pick back up some of those skills that are rusty.

I am not sure as of right now what the long term goal would be. I have a family and so killing myself to get my ATP doesn't seem practical right now. Maybe CFI and teaching? Who knows.

Anyway, who out here has been through anything similar? I know the industry is going through major changes and growth and that the opportunities are incredible. The financial aspect is scaring the pants off me. I have enough to finish my PPL but then after that - yikes.

Just hoping to reconnect with WIX friends after a long (very long) break and get my head back in the aviation game.

Re: Starting Fresh

Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 am

Welcome back Steph!
Nice to see you on the forums again!

Thu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Welcome back Stephanie... :)

It does look like a good time to get into aviation, especially for females.
Is there a local EAA or 99 group you could join ?

Good luck,
Phil

Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 am

Welcome back Steph! :drink3:

Sat May 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Yes indeed there is a way to get right back into it and a way to finish your flight training and beyond. If you still have a passion for flying, you already have your ticket to get it done. Just remember getting your PPL is not the goal, it's the beginning of a way of life. Too much to type here. Send me a PM anytime. I may not post as much on WIX as before but I still check PM's.

Mark
Post a reply