This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Hal B wrote:Image

Self-portrait; at 14,000 ft. above western Colorado. Oh yeah, in the back of a P-51 :D

Is that Val-Halla?

Ryan

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Ztex wrote:Gary,

Ok! Let's go!

Note to self; don't mess with Gary, & sure as he11 don't mess with Zane. :shock: :snipe: :lol:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Ztex, excellent trump! Let's meet in the middle....Okla....there are some like types down there with the full auto stuff that like having a good time!
Gary

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 pm

RyanShort1 wrote:
Hal B wrote:
Self-portrait; at 14,000 ft. above western Colorado. Oh yeah, in the back of a P-51 :D

Is that Val-Halla?

Ryan

Yes it is :wink:

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Methinks Ztex an' Gary'd like to have some fun on our lil' ol' playground out here in West Texas..... :wink:

As do I! :wink:

(Well, mebbee not with that LAST shot!) :wink:

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Bob,
I haven't done any FORMAL type range shootin' like you're doin since I was in the Army.....My daughters and I just slide the patio glass door open, and shoot from the kitchen table...(only when the wife is at work)

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:09 pm

Couple of years ago I got a ride in a beautiful Ryan ST, along with a few minutes of stick time. Took a bootful of rudder to keep straight, but what fun! There's nothing like open-cockpit flying. (Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be airborne in my very own Fly Baby! :D )

--Corrie

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Corrie,

Way cool! Nothin' like an open cockpit in the summer! :wink:

Gary - Nothin' "formal" to it...Just a few fellas that like to terrify large, round black objects a fair piece away with near misses! :lol:

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:18 am

Me in my 'combat flight shorts' and parachute about to go on a meat bombing sortie over the dry plains of South Australia around 1992

Retro style photo taken last week (early March 2009)

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 pm

Me with my new favorite shirt!

Mark Popejoy

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 am

i'll buy that shirt right off your back!!!!!!!!

Where to find "THE SHIRT"

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 am

Tom,
You can find it here:
http://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?ACTION=SEARCH&SEARCH_MAXHITS=12&SEARCH_SPEC=AX5672

or here:
http://www.fightingcolors.com/merchpage.htm

Regards,
Mark

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Steve T wrote:Now that I've got some pix up on P'bucket I can toss a couple in on here; hope I'll be forgiven for the fact that they involve cars rather than airplanes though! I'm never going to be in a position to have a Warbird, or any other flying machine; but in fall 2007 I brought home to Hamilton a midlife crisis toy of another sort, the blue 1962 Studebaker Lark seen in these two shots. The one of me at the wheel was taken by my 5-year-old nephew, who is mad keen on photography!

S.

Thats one strange but very cool ride. I find myself more and more interested in 1940-1960 era cars.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Zane and Gary -

I hope it's not too late to join the party is it?!

:)

-Derek

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Me in the CH2A's Lancaster FM212...
Post a reply