Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm 

hagkid91 wrote:
Sure! Here's what I've got at the latest count, there's about 40ish on my list, but that excludes transients and the numerous trainers/l-birds that we have coming (too numerous/tentative to list all.)

Thanks Austin.....any hints on the secret bomber??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 am 

Website

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am 

Hey Bill,
That's a great shot! Reminds me of the first time I went to Geneseo, '92 I think, and I was driving down the gravel road late on the fist day, and there were several Mustangs beating up the field.
Who wants to guess the mystery bomber? I say Chuckie or the A-20 from Indiana :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm 

Pat M wrote:
Hey Bill,
That's a great shot! Reminds me of the first time I went to Geneseo, '92 I think, and I was driving down the gravel road late on the fist day, and there were several Mustangs beating up the field.
Who wants to guess the mystery bomber? I say Chuckie or the A-20 from Indiana :)

:wink:
http://1941hagforums.mykingairb200.com/ ... f=6&t=1569

Volunteer - National Warplane Museum
Commercial & "Warbug" (Aspiring Warbird) Pilot
Project Lead - LG44 ('Lucy Gal' / 'Yellow 44')

ahancock51@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:03 pm 

haha, "A-26." That's what I meant. I remember it was supposed to be there last year but the pilot was not available. This is going to be a great weekend!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:11 pm 

Anybody see the WX forecast for this weekend? Three days of pure SUN and 83deg! Hope it stays true to plan this year!! :D

Austin, will the crew who brought the -26 in stick around and fly it this weekend?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 pm 

CH2Tdriver wrote:
Anybody see the WX forecast for this weekend? Three days of pure SUN and 83deg! Hope it stays true to plan this year!! :D

Austin, will the crew who brought the -26 in stick around and fly it this weekend?

WX looks good! 8) The '26 crew is already out of town, they were only brought it to move the Invader from Ohio to Geneseo. However, the A-26 will be on the flight-line for the show!

ahancock51@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 pm 

Austin,
Nice job with your photos of the A-26, look forward to seeing it.
Thanks for all the updates also.

Website

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 pm 

wls3 wrote:
Austin,
Nice job with your photos of the A-26, look forward to seeing it.
Thanks for all the updates also.

You are quite welcome Bill! Glad to be the "HAG" liaison

ahancock51@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:41 pm 

OooooooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I cant wait! I cant wait!!!!!!

I'm in ohio, my dad lives not far from there. I drive up every year, cant wait!

Seen a pair of mustangs fly over this past weekend, headed east. And just had an all yellow plane fly over too, didnt see it fast enough to identify it but she was also headed east. She kinda looked like a hellcat or bearcat, but I doubt that cause it was all yellow. Probably a trainer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 pm 

Some pictures I took of the Geneseo Airshow 2011 are on http://elliottparfitt.blogspot.com/2011/07/2011-airshow.html
or http://youtu.be/WE5ljHIOGys. In spite of the accidents we had another GREAT show! :spit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 am 

I live 10 miles off the west end approach of the runway. i went Saturday and despite two crashes , i still had a good time. weather was perfect . I have been going on and of for many years and i must say this was the lightest turn out as far as planes goes that i have ever seen. Even with the light turn out there was always something flying. Just before the show was about to begin a Comanche and a v-tail beech were doing a formation landing. the Comanche slowed down and surprised the beech which in turn over reacted and slowed down to much. he then went into the pre-stall wobbles nearly ending up in the trees . he got it back and just before he hit the ground ,he stalled and dropped the left wing hitting the ground and then slamming the nose into the dirt. luckily he wasn't any higher or else he most likely would have ended up on his back. that surly would have been fatal for all 4 people on board. i was there when it happened ,but did not actually see it. this is what a few people told me. the second accident happened during the WWI flight. one of the plane had engine truble and tried to make it back to the runnway . he to stalled and ended up in the corn field . he wasn't hurt. All in all it was fun. i enjoyed the crazy nut flying the f-16 and got a kick out if the guy landing his interstate on a RV roof. warbird_1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:28 pm 

I gotta say I was a bit disapointed this year, still had a good time, but a bit disapointed. Everything was shoved waver to the one side, ( due to the rain earlier in the spring from what I heard) so therefore everything was a bit more crowded. Not that many aircraft this year, a few of the regular vendors werent there. Mostly just little complaints. But those civil air patrol, god they are annoying, like being told to walk in this direction, when I'm already heading that way and there is no other possible way to go.
Getting to be ho-hum.

The paratroops were freak'n cool though!