Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:51 pm 

Kokomo, IN airport.

http://www.kokomowingsandwheels.net/

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:30 pm 

I'll be there! I went last year and had a great time!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:23 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I should be there as well. Home visiting family for a couple weeks and am going to try to make a show while I'm up here. Looks like this is the one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:52 am 

I am SO there... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:33 pm 

They updated the warbird list to include the following:

P-51 Mustang
AT-6 Texan's
L-29 Delfin
PV-2 Harpoon
L-19 Birddog
L-5 Sentinel
BT-13 Valiant
PT-23 Cornell
T-34 Mentor
Yak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:24 pm 

Did any of you guys go?

This junk that showed up in every picture is actually inside the camera and I didn't find it until I was out there this morning. I tried my best but couldn't get rid of it. Not happy!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I went, really enjoyed it! I posted my pics in the Hangar- looks like yours turned out better than mine did. I thought about staying to watch the Harpoon leave, but ended up leaving right after the L-29s flew.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 pm 

kalamazookid wrote:
I went, really enjoyed it! I posted my pics in the Hangar- looks like yours turned out better than mine did. I thought about staying to watch the Harpoon leave, but ended up leaving right after the L-29s flew.

I stayed to watch the "dog fight" between the Pitts & Christen Eagle (final act), but it didn't happen since the Christen Eagle clipped some trees on take off and landed early. Overall this show as grown significantly over last year and I hope it continues to grow.

My pics are at the following link (hope it works). I didn't take a lot of static shots, since I did that last year:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 67aeca0d9a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:56 pm 

kalamazookid wrote:

I went with my brother and his wife, we got there at 9 this morning and none of us had eaten since last night. We were in the parking lot getting ready to leave when the L-29's took off so we watched them from out there and then left. I would have liked to have stayed for the departures but we were beat, hungry and sunburnt. The Harpoon flew in about 10-ish this morning and made one pass before landing, like you I hoped that they would fly in the show like the last time they were there. She's awesome in the air!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm 

Wow! Glad the pilot was able to get the plane back on the ground after clipping trees (I'm assuming he's ok?). Where did he get into the trees at?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 pm 

WIXerGreg wrote:
Wow! Glad the pilot was able to get the plane back on the ground after clipping trees (I'm assuming he's ok?). Where did he get into the trees at?

The trees were to the left of runway 23. He said he was okay (they were broadcasting cockpit communications over the PA). He landed and parked away from public view...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Wow, glad to hear the pilot was ok!

I went with my Dad. Been home in Kalamazoo visiting for a couple weeks and we wanted to get to an airshow while I was in town, so this the one we picked. We just missed the Harpoon landing in the morning. Saw it circling as we were turning off 31. It was nice to finally get to this show. I've been hearing good things about it for a couple years and it didn't disappoint. The warbird flight was very good, although I wish the L-birds could have done a couple closer passes.

The Cub/Model T race was also pretty neat. I'm normally not into the racing thing at airshows, but that was unique.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 pm 

I can confirm that Billy is OK. He's just really pissed at himself for botching up his new "Patriot Eagle". He could have duct taped the plane and flown it home.... but he chose to effect repairs on site at KOKK. Then it's on to his next show! He also has a Pitts S2C, so I don't think he'll miss a lick, if the Eagle takes a bit more "sprucing up".

I had a blast at the show. It was my first "real show" to do passes in our Texan. I was in "Texas Twister" behind Laura Stants in Nathan Davis's checker tail Texan. One of my partners followed behind me in his C-45, just in front of Nathan in his beautiful (are there any that aren't?) Mustang. It was a great group of folks visiting and working the show. And the food was great too! What a nearly perfect day for a show. I'm still grinning!

Next stop..... INDY!