Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:08 pm 

Specifically to John Terrell or anyone else for that matter. Does anyone have any current news or pictures of Pat's Twin Mustang, and the P-51 H Model he bought last year? I was out to his hangar in September 2005 a really nice guy and the hangar floor you could eat off of. The Twin Mustang at that time was just really getting started. I know it is a lot farther along, but I would hazard a guess no debut anywhere in 2013 at least. The P-51 H is a project aircraft not sure how complete.
Pat is a fairly young guy, and has the means to indulge in what most of us only can dream about. He owns the P-51 D and the Twin Mustang and H Model.
Correct me if Im wrong, but if he was to get his hands on a Razorback Mustang he might be the only individual in the world to score the quad in regards to owning Mustangs. Anyway forgive my rambling main thing Im just curious, and would like to know how things are progressing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ed I'm not sure how old this fellas site is but here's what I quickly found with a Google search. As much as I hate posting links, take a look if you dare. looks to be a report about a year ago?

http://maxair2air.com/09AIR/P-82/02.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Hi Ed, I'm sorry, but I don't have any recent knowledge of the status on either the F-82 or the P-51H projects, though I did 'hear' that the P-51H project work would likely begin only after the F-82 was completed. It was cool to see Pat's P-51D "Ridge Runner" at Oshkosh in 2011, shortly after he had purchased it from Dan Martin. Though I've posted it before, this is the most recent update I've come across on the F-82, a video slide-show of the aircraft dated to early 2012 I believe. As can be seen, the aircraft was that advanced then, so I can only begin to imagine how far along it may be by now. At this stage when those photos were taken, the most complex section of the aircraft, the wing center section, was complete, and the aircraft was sitting on its gear with the two fuselages joined by the wing center section, and even the horizontal stabilizer was a short time from being completed and fitted to the aircraft (you can see it in a jig behind the aircraft). The last over-head photos in the slideshow are quite amazing, especially if you haven't seen this slideshow yet. Both cockpits appear to have already been just about fully fitted out.

http://vimeo.com/21704963

Although I've enjoyed seeing the C&P warbirds at local shows throughout the years, I've only ever stepped into the C&P hangar once, and I think that was back in 1999 I believe, at one of the Blaine airport events when the Collings bombers came into town.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

I think he also has 3 Stinson L-1 projects too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:23 pm 
Newly minted Mustang Pilot

As of July 2012 the P-82 is on its gear sans outer wing panels. Ridge Runner was getting a new engine and some minor TLC. The H model project is a huge endeavor to say the least...it will be awhile.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:45 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

There is another H model for sale on the Courtesy site. . . also a huge undertaking waiting for the right person.

Tom P.