Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:14 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

stephenk wrote:
As a close friend of Vlado for 50 years and sharing everything during that time, I knew him very well. I don't know if proper, but wish speculation could be put aside until an investigation is complete. I have ideas too but respect Mary, Michael, Jessica and Samantha and will keep my mouth shut until an investigation is complete.
Steve

Well said....

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

phil65 wrote:
stephenk wrote:
As a close friend of Vlado for 50 years and sharing everything during that time, I knew him very well. I don't know if proper, but wish speculation could be put aside until an investigation is complete. I have ideas too but respect Mary, Michael, Jessica and Samantha and will keep my mouth shut until an investigation is complete.
Steve

Well said....

Phil

Ditto Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:18 am 

First off I want to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to the two families that were lost. I did not know either one but always sadden when something like this happens. I am on the road with work and knew something bad happened. My wife and brother were sending multiple texts messages after I had landed. I belong to a couple of Facebook groups for aviation in KC and many people of those groups were saying the Ms. Root was an up-and-comer in aviation in the local area. She basically just started her career and was working hard for her new found passion of aviation.

About the crash, I can tell you watching the local news stations the accident the debris field is much larger than it appears. In some of the live shots there are major components of the aircraft that are in the field. Hopefully this will help the investigators since there is more of the aircraft left than what we have only seen with the prop.

Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Please, out of Respect, let's keep this thread clear of speculations and observations. I am sure when the time comes there will be a thread for that.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:04 am 

Jesse C. wrote:
Please, out of Respect, let's keep this thread clear of speculations and observations. I am sure when the time comes there will be a thread for that.
Thank you.

No one here is being disrespectful. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but please recognize that not all people handle a loss the same way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 pm 

stephenk wrote:
Steve

Thank you for saying that..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:27 pm 

Pontiac 58,
Vlado also surprised me with a gift experience on Fifi a few years back, I can appreciate your joy of the ride. A few years further back, he purchased experiences for 2 on the
Collings B-24. I could not decide which child to share with so I sent my 2 younger ones and watched. Vlado showed up in Moonbeam just to make sure all was good. We enjoyed from the ground and as everyone notes he had his own special smile.
Best friends leave treasured best memories and I have so many of those that I will take with me forever.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm 

I dont get one here much anymore but Vlado is already missed like crazy, Thanks for all the great memories Vlado. Clint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:02 am 

Just as everyone here, I'm devastated at the news of Vlado's passing. I'm a new member here, but I've been a member of AAFO since it started. If you didn't know him, just the number of messages about how wonderful he was, on many different message boards will tell you the measure of the man. He touched many lives. Intelligent, kind, and graceful. I used to "chat" with him in the old AOL aviation chat room, and I became a fan at that time. Years later when he raced Moonbeam at Reno, I was finally able to talk to him face to face, he even remembered me! Many people will say "What a great guy" when someone passes on, but in Vlado's case, everyone sincerely means it. A huge loss to the warbird community, but not near as large as to his family and friends. Blue skies always Vlado. You touched the lives of many. Mine included.

Race 29

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:00 am 

Saw on facebook that his memorial service will be held tomorrow, Sunday. Sorry I can't figure out how to post a link or add anything more. Still stunned that he is gone. I hope his family draws some amount of comfort seeing the outpouring of emotions, notes, thoughts and prayers left for Vlado on so many different sites. (feel like I am spinning my wheels trying to put into words my emotions. sorry)

...just another plane dreamer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:09 am 

lmritger wrote:
One of the tweets on a local news site yesterday noted that the aircraft came through the trees before striking the ground; I also don't see any evidence of fire, which is odd (although maybe I've just missed it). It's all just so overwhelmingly terrible and heartbreaking, but the part that really gets me is that this was Vlado... there was NOTHING he couldn't handle, and he wasn't the sort to take unnecessary risks. What on earth could have happened to cause this?

Lynn

It sure had been hot lately and for the very little i know. Density altitude was a major factor . Sounds like a great person lost. I wonder if there was no fire because he had low fuel tanks purposely? Do they still give the Warbirds free fuel? Thus after giving her a hot ride he would fill up and go home.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:58 pm 

https://youtu.be/N8MX1RRN4G4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:54 pm 

I saw on Beechtalk that Rich P has made a special and wonderful tribute to Vlado with the MLG doors on Bald Eagle...for those at OSH have a look!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Truly a sad day for the warbird community. I cannot even express the feelings I had when I found out. Thoughts to the family and friends.

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 pm 

Saw a tribute picture to Vlado at Oshkosh of a pair of wheel chocks with his name on them and his picture in a parking space on the warbird ramp at Oshkosh. Hope Connor or someone can post it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next