Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine Luftwaffe Resource Center WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific
Final Cut-The Post War B-17 Flying Fortress and Survivors - 5th Edition

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 am 
Group Captain

So time for my annual thread on this, I note the MAM schedule shows both the bf-109 and the FW-190 flying at this years show, with all of the usual flyers. Also the King Cobra, so looks like CAF will be back. Any other guest aircraft?

Believe it was a training issue with the bf-109 not flying last year, so looking forward to it as I have never seen a 109 fly.

A great place for up close action!

http://militaryaviationmuseum.org/airsh ... -schedule/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm 
Wing Commander

sandiego89 wrote:
Believe it was a training issue with the bf-109 not flying last year, so looking forward to it as I have never seen a 109 fly.

And weather. Last year the weather wasn't so conducive for flying rare airplanes, both wind and ceilings. Saturday in particular, nothing flew other than the ride airplanes in the am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 am 
Corporal

sandiego89 wrote:
Any other guest aircraft?

I know that CAF Dixie wing is bringing their P-63, P-51, SBD, and their Corsair. The B-25 will be coming back this year as well.

sandiego89 wrote:
I note the MAM schedule shows both the bf-109 and the FW-190 flying at this years show

I believe that might have been last years lineup as we no longer have the T-6, but it is probably still very close to this years lineup.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 pm 
Group Captain

Not a fan of the new website, no webcams of hangers. Fighter Factory webcams still down and not a whole lot being added to the Facebook site. Warbirds are an addiction and I constantly need my "Fix".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:12 am 
Wing Commander

pjpahs wrote:
Not a fan of the new website, no webcams of hangers. Fighter Factory webcams still down and not a whole lot being added to the Facebook site. Warbirds are an addiction and I constantly need my "Fix".

They seem to update stuff in spurts. But, in fairness, alot of the cool big stuff happens in spurts.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:58 am 
Corporal

pjpahs wrote:

Some bugs are still being worked out. The website is slowly being expanding which I believe will include new and improved cameras. As for the Facebook site, if you are referring to the Fighter Factory they are busy this time of year getting all of the aircraft ready for the airshow, but hopefully we’ll see some more soon.

http://www.militaryaviationmuseum.org/