Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Didn't spot it posted previously...my apologies if old:

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/after-lo ... Q-6ij1WkX8

Rock on, John S!

Last edited by Dan K on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:36 pm 

Thanks for posting that. I learned a lot I did not know about Mr. Sessions. With all the things he's accomplished in life, I bet he's back in the cockpit sooner rather than later. Really good article.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:54 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

What a well-written, inspiring article! I suspect we'll be seeing John back in the pilot's seat soon! Great stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 pm 

Great article, thanks for sharing it here. I've met Mr. Sessions and he is a nice man and a great advocate for the preservation of warbirds. I hope he is able to fly again soon when the time is right. I know he has some legal challenges ahead with lawsuits and the FAA, but hopefully he will be able to get those resolved in short order.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I saw a letter written by Mr Sessions, posted on Facebook, just a few days after this unfortunate accident.
His primary concern was for the recovery of his passengers.
His outlook is amazingly positive and shows that this fine gentleman has a tremendous amount of class.
I'm glad to see that his recovery is progressing well. I hold him in the highest regard.
Glad to hear that he is committed to rebuilding that beautiful Rapide as well.

All the best to you sir.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Here, here!

He had the Rapide parked beside our Spitfire at the Abbottsford show, and we had a formation flight planned for departure. Plus, he brought his Spitfire up to Comox to compliment ours.

Great guy. Lots of heart.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Dan,

Great article. Thanks for sharing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great article and great news that he is doing well.
I've met him several times, he brings two or three aircraft to Spokane's Felts Field for the annual "Neighbor Day" event. Unlike some events where the planes are topped off and guarded, he encourages people to get close and experience the planes. After

As the article states, a very quiet, modest guy who knows and loves aviation.
He is planning on taking his Pan Am marked DC-3 to the UK this summer as part of the Normandy anniversary.
And, best of all for those on the East side of the state, he is building a large hangar where he'll keep several of his aircraft on display.

Perhaps the best measure of the kind of man he is is this...a couple of years ago, a long time area pilot, a WWII army vet and we'll known antique airplane collector and pilot passed away. Sessions took time out of his schedule to fly to Spokane for the funeral, spending the night here before continuing his business trip in his jet. I don't believe they were close, more of a case they had many mutual friends.

A real class act and a fine pilot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Great article and great news that he is doing well.
I've met him several times, he brings two or three aircraft to Spokane's Felts Field for the annual "Neighbor Day" event.

Unlike some events where the planes are roped off and guarded, he encourages people to get close and experience the planes. After being at Duxford where you nbeed a note from the Queen to get close to a Spitfire, it was a lot of fun to get close to his and peer into the cockpit.

As the article states, a very quiet, modest guy who knows and loves aviation.
He is planning on taking his Pan Am marked DC-3 to the UK this summer as part of the Normandy anniversary.
And, best of all for those on the East side of the state, he is building a large hangar where he'll keep several of his aircraft on display.

Perhaps the best measure of the kind of man he is is this...a couple of years ago, a long time area pilot, a WWII army vet and we'll known antique airplane collector and pilot passed away. Sessions took time out of his schedule to fly to Spokane for the funeral, spending the night here before continuing his business trip in his jet. I don't believe they were close, more of a case they had many mutual friends.

A real class act and a fine pilot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:17 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Very cool, thanks for posting -- it's always so nice to hear about the truly good folks out there...

PIC, Ford 6600 pulling Rhino batwing up and down the runway