Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Reorganized the list so it makes sense:

FG-1D Bu.67089 – Ronald Lauder

FG-1D Bu.88090 – Louis Horschel

FG-1D Bu.92468 – Commemorative Air Force – Dixie Wing

FG-1D Bu.92508 – Military Aviation Museum

F4U-4 Bu.97143 – Jim Tobul
F4U-4 Bu.97388 – Wings Of The North
F4U-5NL Bu.122179 – Collings Foundation
F4U-5N Bu.123168 – Fighters & Legends
F4U-7 Bu.133710 – John O’Connor

F4U-7 Bu.133722 – Erickson Aircraft Collection

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:32 pm 

I wasn’t positive about this, but on Warbirds News little excerpt about the gathering they posted it looks like Michael said they invited all of the operators in the US and some European!! I thought the Thunder crew might just invite select Corsairs but the open invite is awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:31 pm 

National Coast Guard day is August 4th, can we expect anything Coast Guard related?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 pm 

I think we can all assume that Thunder will more than likely have some warbirds spill over from OSH due to the timing, and that of course is a good thing. That being said, jumping ahead to 2020, would Thunder try to get the August 8-9 Blue Angels spot that might free up? This year is already lining up to be a lot better than years past, if Thunder can get the Blues at a date closer to OSH, best of both worlds I would think?... Then the Blues can have a free spot open for the 22-23, or 29-30 and whichever doesn't get filled used as their off weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:49 pm 

Just added,

Jack Roush's P-51B Mustang "OLD CROW"! :wink:

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:01 pm 

GRNDP51 wrote:
I think we can all assume that Thunder will more than likely have some warbirds spill over from OSH due to the timing, and that of course is a good thing. That being said, jumping ahead to 2020, would Thunder try to get the August 8-9 Blue Angels spot that might free up? This year is already lining up to be a lot better than years past, if Thunder can get the Blues at a date closer to OSH, best of both worlds I would think?... Then the Blues can have a free spot open for the 22-23, or 29-30 and whichever doesn't get filled used as their off weekend.

Boy, I hope they can change it to August 8th and 9th next year. This year in terms of warbirds is already shaping up to better than the past few years when the show was held in late August and the organizers can get some Oshkosh birds too. It would make more sense to move it so they have around 5 shows and then a OFF week, instead of the scheduled 2 shows then an OFF week. This is if the August 8 and 9 show does get moved to July.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm 

michael luther wrote:
Just added,

Jack Roush's P-51B Mustang "OLD CROW"! :wink:

Sweeeeet!! Was waiting for that 8)

Alex Pas wrote:

Boy, I hope they can change it to August 8th and 9th next year. This year in terms of warbirds is already shaping up to better than the past few years when the show was held in late August and the organizers can get some Oshkosh birds too. It would make more sense to move it so they have around 5 shows and then a OFF week, instead of the scheduled 2 shows then an OFF week. This is if the August 8 and 9 show does get moved to July.

Spot on. We shall see how it goes, it would definitely be smart to keep Thunder early August. If this show goes according to plan, I can see Thunder being put back on the map with a lot of people wanting to attend a GOOD warbird show. The early August slot also seems to be pretty good spot to not compete with other warbird shows.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 pm 

For those who haven't seen it yet. It's getting a lot of love on Facebook!! :D

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/g ... higan.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:10 am 

I know this is probably a real long shot, but what might be the remote chance of getting the XP-82 Twin Mustang to Thunder Over Michigan? Talk about THUNDER that truly would be. Maybe I don't know what Im talking about, but that airplane alone might bring onto the airshow grounds several thousand more spectators. To Mike Luther and gang the show this year is shaping up to be one of the truly outstanding shows, and I hope to make it there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:08 pm 

Ed Likes wrote:
I know this is probably a real long shot, but what might be the remote chance of getting the XP-82 Twin Mustang to Thunder Over Michigan? Talk about THUNDER that truly would be. Maybe I don't know what Im talking about, but that airplane alone might bring onto the airshow grounds several thousand more spectators. To Mike Luther and gang the show this year is shaping up to be one of the truly outstanding shows, and I hope to make it there.

Knocking on wood, but considering it’s time in the US might be short lived, I imagine the plan would be to get it out to as many events as possible within reason. They will have it at Oshkosh, no reason they wouldn’t head to Thunder a week later to showcase it at the worlds largest Corsair gathering which will definitely be getting some publicity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:23 pm 

Just added,

Jack Roush's P-51D Mustang "GENTLEMAN JIM"!

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:24 pm 

So where is the XP-82 going to?

Lance Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:28 pm 

Pogmusic wrote:
So where is the XP-82 going to?

Space Coast Warbird airshow in FL in 2 weeks, Sun N Fun, and Oshkosh are what I have heard, I imagine this will grow as the season goes on.

My assumption is they will try to get it to warbird shows within reason. (Unlikely they would send it all the way to Planes of Fame for example), but airshows within a decent range of home base, or a short hop to another airshow (OSH to Thunder), seems fair game...

*Realizing you might have meant GOING TO, rumors in the other threads are Russia.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 pm 

Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee! After all the wonderful work they put into it and it goes to Russia! I wish I had the money.....

Lance Jones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:33 pm 

The XP-82 would be the decision maker for my family to attend Thunder this year...

1952 Ford F6 Howe Fire Truck
1951 Ford F5
1949 Ford F6 Dump Truck
1978 Ford Mustang II
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle
1949 Ford 8N; 1948, 1949 & 1950 Baird Beavers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 346 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next